Thursday, May 30, 2013

Table of contents - Shimmer Magazine, Issue 17

Shimmer Magazine is one of my favorite sources of short fiction. Always pushing the limits, engaging and challenging I am thrilled every time I see another issue of Shimmer Magazine. It is true that I did not cover this wonderful magazine, together with Black Static and Shadows & Tall Trees, to the best of my possibilities and very often the reviews I wished to write for its issues were forgotten in a tangle of crazy working and personal schedule, but I do have a plan for these wonderful magazines, including the back issues. Before setting such a personal goal however, I still need to make sure that it is possible at this moment. Anyway, Shimmer Magazine is releasing its 17th issue this summer and features, coincidentally or not, 17 stories. And after publishing writers such as Aliette de Bodard, Angela Slatter, Cate Gardner, Lisa Hannett, Stephanie Campisi, Karin Tidbeck, Alex Dally MacFarlane, Amal El Mohtar, Genevieve Valentine, A.C. Wise, Silvia Moreno-Garcia and Lavie Tidhar, just to name some of my favorites, Shimmer Magazine brings in the latest issue new stories from the already mentioned Alex Dally MacFarlane, A.C. Wise, Silvia Moreno-Garcia and Lavie Tidhar, but also from Damien Walters Grintalis, whose stories I read so far were very interesting, including her novel “Ink”. It looks like Shimmer Magazine will make the upcoming summer even more pleasant.

“The Mostly True Story of Assman & Foxy” by Katherine Sparrow
“How Bunny Came to Be” by A.C. Wise
“The Moon Bears” by Sarah Brooks
“Sincerely, Your Psychic” by Helena Bell
“Out They Come” by Alex Dally MacFarlane
“Love in the Time of Vivisection” by Sunny Moraine
“Fishing” by Lavie Tidhar
“98 Ianthe” by Robert N. Lee
“Stealing My Sister’s Boyfriend” by Jordan Taylor
“The Metaphor of the Lakes” by Yarrow Paisley
“Romeo and Meatbox” by Alex Wilson
“Like Feather, Like Bone” by Kristi DeMeester
“Girl, With Coin” by Damien Walters Grintalis
“River, Dreaming” by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
“The Fairy Godmother” by Kim Neville
“We Were Never Alone in Space” by Carmen Maria Machado
“The Herdsman of the Dead” by Ada Hoffman

No comments: