Monday, April 20, 2009

Cover art - "Boneshaker" by Cherie Priest

Last week through the very nice blog of the art director Irene Gallo, The Art Department, and then through the blog of the author of this upcoming novel, Cherie Priest, I discovered another very beautiful cover. It looks like the talented Jon Foster who illustrated with his amazing work many book covers has pulled out his magic from the sleeve once again. This is the preliminary cover for the new Cherie Priest novel, “Boneshaker”, due to be released by Tor this year, but it is an amazing image. What I love the most about this cover is the beautiful combination between black and white part and the colored one, but the whole artwork is eye catching.

And not only the book cover made me add this title to my shopping list already, but also the Scott Westerfeld’s quote from the cover: “A steampunk-zombie-airship adventure of rollicking pace and sweeping proportions, full of wonderfully gnarly details.”

6 comments:

Maria said...

I suppose the cover suits the type of book...but I'm afraid I do not like it. Luckily I've read Priest before so I know she's good. This cover would in no way inspire me to pick up the book otherwise!

To each!

Mihai A. said...

I believe too that it suits the type of the book. But I like it, because it's a bit different and I like the combination between black, white and colors a lot :)

The Mad Hatter said...

Gorgeous. I love all things steampunk and with zombies to boot how can you go wrong.

Mihai A. said...

Mad Hatter, it truly sounds very interesting :)

Sharon said...

I love the cover. I just finished reading it and liked it a lot.

Mihai A. said...

Sharon, I didn't get the chance to read it yet, but the book is on my next shopping list :)