Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cover art - "Valisar Trilogy" (La Trilogie Valisar) by Fiona McIntosh

It is official, I've become addicted of the French cover artwork. And how can I not be since there is not a single month without a book cover illustration that leaves me speechless. This time is a Bragelonne edition again (this guys do some serious business) and the same truly amazing artist Frédéric Perrin, see the recently James Enge’s “Blood of Ambrose” cover and the ones for the Brent Weeks’ “Night Angel Trilogy”. This month Bragelonne will release the French edition of the second novel in Fiona McIntosh’s “Valisar Trilogy”, “Tyrant’s Blood” (Le Tyran) and the artwork illustrating its cover is simply breathtaking. I love everything about it, especially the fact that I could look at it for a long time, taking in every single detail and dreaming that a visit in such a place would be possible. The cover illustration of the French edition of the first novel in the trilogy, “Royal Exile” (L’Exil), released by Bragelonne last year is very good too, but I love a bit more the one for “Le Tyran”. But just a tiny bit more.

5 comments:

Kendall said...

Gorgeous artwork; thanks for posting it.

Mihai A. said...

I wish I could have a larger version hanging on my office wall :)

Memory said...

I really like both of these! They have such an epic feel to them.

Lori said...

Oh my, those are some stunning covers.

Mihai A. said...

Memory & Lori, these are truly amazing covers and I wish I could see more such cover illustrations :)