Monday, October 4, 2010

Cover art - "The End of the World" (Sfîrşitul Lumii) edited by Martin H. Greenberg

I am happy to see that the small Romanian publishing house, Millennium Press, continues to support the speculative fiction market, releasing a mix of interesting titles by local and foreign writers. Another praiseworthy work done by Millennium Press can be seen on the covers of their releases, kept on a constant high level lately. One of the Millennium Press future releases is the anthology edited by Martin H. Greenberg, “The End of the World”, which was published in the US on July this year by Skyhorse Publishing. The cover artwork chosen by the Millennium Press for the Romanian edition of “The End of the World” (Sfîrşitul Lumii) looks great, very appropriate for the subject in question and with an atmosphere that is equally disturbing and uncomfortable. The artist of the artwork is Ehsan Dabbaghi and I have to say that until now I was unaware of his works. But I am happy that this wonderful cover also made me discover Ehsan Dabbashi, because the works I saw on his CG Society portfolio are truly impressive.

5 comments:

Bear said...

It's Millennium Books now :)

Mihai A. said...

I didn't know that, sorry. Thank you for the information :)

Adele said...

pretty. :)

bear said...

@hagelrat: thanks :)

Mihai A. said...

Hagelrat, it is :)