Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cover art - "Blood of Aenarion" by William King

There is hardly a secret that I am a big fan of Raymond Swanland’s works. Last month I was happy to find that he put his great talent at work for Black Library too, producing yet another amazing piece, this time for a Warhammer novel, William King’s “Blood of Aenarion”. Raymond Swanland gave birth with his drawing tools once again to a very vivid piece of art, dark, powerful and richly detailed. Raymond Swanland is also one of the artists who might change my mind towards the characters featured on book covers, despite my reluctance for the covers that reveal characters depicted in their every detail. Anyway, for Raymond Swanland and his book covers in particular and artwork in general I have only a few words left: Keep them coming!

You can see more of the cover for William King’s “Blood of Aenarion” on the Black Library’s blog.

2 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

The cover art to this book is amazing. I love your site :)

Mihai A. said...

Michael, thank you very much :)
This is an awesome cover indeed.