Saturday, September 20, 2008

In the mailbox

Three weeks ago Jeff and Ann VanderMeer came to Romania for the release of the Romanian edition of their anthology “New Weird”. I knew about their coming since July and I was planning to make a trip for this event and meet them. Unfortunately I couldn’t make the trip. Jeff and Ann VanderMeer came to two cities that are a little further away from where I’m living and cumulated with my working schedule and the event taking place on two week days I failed to make it there. I was a little disappointed because I would have liked to change a few words with them. Still my disappointment was sweetened a bit with the help of Horia Nicola Ursu, the editor of Millennium Press, the publishing house of the Romanian edition of “New Weird”. He gave me the possibility to have Jeff and Ann VanderMeer’s dedication on my copy of the anthology. I’m not a collector of signed copies, even though I would like to have more of them, mainly because there aren’t many writers who come to Romania (at least from Fantasy and Science-Fiction genre) and the conventions are non-existent. But I do cherish the ones I have and now is included my copy of “New Weird” with the wonderful dedication written by Jeff and Ann VanderMeer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i`m glad that you got the book eventually:)
hope you like it like i did..and i`m curios what you`ll think about the last two writers:)

Adele said...

i'd havr to put something over the cover, wigs me out.

Mihai A. said...

I hope I like it and I hope to find new authors. Although some of them I really like already :)

Anonymous said...

waves of envy coming your way...

(my copy's not yet here, and checking the mailbox twice a day doesn't seem to make a notice appear in it)

Mihai A. said...

Jen, I hope you'll get your copy soon :) And please share your dedication with us ;)