Monday, September 1, 2008

The Postman Always Rings Twice

As I said after my return from vacation I found a mailbox full of books. I almost finished taking the photos, so here it is another post about the books in my mailbox:

- "The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror 18" edited by Stephen Jones (through the courtesy of Constable & Robinson);
- "The Mammoth Book of Best Horror Comics" edited by Peter Normanton (through the courtesy of Constable & Robinson);
- "The Mammoth Book of Extreme Fantasy" edited by Mike Ashley (through the courtesy of Constable & Robinson);
- "The Mammoth Book of the Best of the Best New SF" edited by Gardner Dozois (through the courtesy of Constable & Robinson);
- "The Devil You Know" by Mike Carey (through the courtesy of Grand Central Publishing);
- "Vicious Circle" by Mike Carey (through the courtesy of Grand Central Publishing).

Thank you very much for these wonderful treasures.

4 comments:

Adele said...

Went to Waterstones, got my first Scalzi, if I hadn't i'd be sick with envy right now.

Anonymous said...

mmm..you get them for free or you buy it?if so, from where do you get it:-??i found a site or two, in Ro, where i could see cheaper prices for the books but still i`m not so glad about them...

Mihai A. said...

Hagelrat, I haven't read any of Scalzi novels. I'll move him in my reading list, too :)

Kyodnb, these ones are for reviewing and were send by the publishers. When I buy them I usually use Amazon and I raise some money for a while and after that I order, usually 13-15 books. That because despite the huge shipping costs, I use the promotions of Amazon and I'll end up with an average price per book lower or equal with that from Romanian editions (if they exist). For instance George R.R. Martin is at about 24$ (A Game of Thrones) and 31$ (A Clash of Kings) and I bought them from Amazon with an average price of 15$ with shipping costs. It is worth it if I have patience to put money aside :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing the informations with me;)..yes, it`s worth waiting if you want to get cheaper prices for the books...i have the same plan with the romanian books:)