Saturday, June 12, 2010

Book trailer - "Ancestor" by Scott Sigler


I am familiar with Scott Sigler because of his novels “Infected” and “Contagious”, but I didn’t read either of these two novels. On 22nd of June Crown Publishing Group will release another edition of one of Scott Sigler’s novels, “Ancestor”. “Ancestor”, as other published novels of Scott Sigler, was first released via podcast, followed by an ebook format and in the end in a printed version in 2007. This edition of “Ancestor” comes with an interesting trailer and an intriguing synopsis.

Every five minutes, a transplant candidate dies while waiting for a compatible heart, a liver, a kidney. Imagine a technology that could provide those life-saving transplant organs for a nominal fee ... and imagine what a company would do to monopolize that technology.
On a remote island in the Canadian Arctic, PJ Colding leads a group of geneticists who have discovered this holy grail of medicine. By reverse-engineering thousands of animal genomes, Colding's team has dialed back the evolutionary clock and re-created the progenitor of all mammals. The method? Illegal. The result? A computer-engineered living creature, an animal whose organs can be implanted in any person, with no chance of transplant rejection.
There's just one problem: these ancestors are not the docile herd animals that Colding's team envisioned. Instead, Colding’s work has given birth to something big, something evil…something very, very hungry.
As creators become prey in the ultimate battle for survival, Colding and the woman he loves must fight to survive — even as government agents close in to shut the project down, and the deep-pocketed company backing this research reveals its own cold-blooded agenda.

5 comments:

Scott Sigler said...

Thanks for posting the trailer and the info on ANCESTOR, much appreciated. Give this one a read already, will ya?

Mihai A. said...

Scott, with such a recommendation I think I will :)

bascule said...

Not out till late August here in the UK. It's been on my Amazon wishlist for ages. I loved Infected and Contagious as stragely enough did my wife and they ain't her normal reads.

Barbara Martin said...

This is a great premise which intrigued me from your post, Mihai. I'm putting this on my TBR list immediately.

Mihai A. said...

Bascule, I think I'll give Scott Sigler's novels a try too :)

Barbara, the premise sounds intriguing and picked my curiosity :)