Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cover art - Black Static 17

What attracts me the most at the Ben Baldwin’s illustrations is the dark and eerie atmosphere that breathes from his images. Ben Baldwin created another such evocative image for the cover of the 17th issue of the Black Static magazine, with an unsettling and quite heavy atmosphere. Usually Ben Baldwin also illustrates some of the short stories published by Black Static and the issue 17 is no exception, with two stories illustrated by the artist. This is not the only reason for me to eagerly await the new issue of Black Static, after all this is one of my favorite magazines and the June-July issue features an interview with John Connolly whose Charlie Parker series of novels I bought recently and four new short stories:

- “Faces in Walls” by John Shirley
- “Zombie Cabana Boy” by Suzanne Palmer
- “Three-Legged Bird” by Vylar Kaftan
- “The Lady in the Tigris” by Daniel Kaysen.

But until I’ll have a copy of this issue I will finish reading and reviewing Black Static 16.

No comments: