Monday, June 7, 2010

Cover art - "Povestiri de Duminică" (Sunday Stories) by Mircea Opriță

I am very happy to feature another Romanian title for a cover art post. Not only that, but I am very happy to see another Romanian writer promoted through a collection of stories. Same as the previous post, the cover artwork comes from Millennium Press, the independent publisher that does a wonderful job in promoting local authors and that gives lately a close attention to the book covers. Mircea Opriță is not a new author and this fact can be seen in his new collection of stories, “Povestiri de Duminică” (Sunday Stories), which features stories old and new in two sections, “Five recent fictions” and “Five from another century”. The collection benefits from a beautiful cover, as we have seen lately at Millennium Press, made this time by the digital artist, Fiona Hooley. And since these titles picked my interest as soon as I saw them I’ll order the new books from Millennium Press and review them on my blog this summer.

4 comments:

Harry Markov said...

No, way. Such a brilliant cover art. I am certainly impressed with it and to be honest I just discovered some Bulgarian SFF fiction, BUT the cover art is so horrible and vile that it seems like a bad idea to buy, let alone read them.

Mihai A. said...

Harry, we have some awful covers here as well, but Millennium Press does an excellent job. I hope that they keep this way :)

Harry Markov said...

Ours are actually mind numbing and induce nausea...

Mihai A. said...

Sorry to hear that. Be careful around them than ;D