Monday, October 20, 2008

Cover art

Through the wonderful blog of the Solaris Books editors, When Gravity Fails, I found out about an interesting cover for the James Lovegrove's novel, "The Age of Ra". The cover art is made by Marek Okon and it is quite catchy, especially the God figure from the top of the cover. It is true that seeing this cover I thought almost instantly of Stargate, but I read on James Lovegrove's website that his association of military SF and Egyptian Gods has nothing to do with the respective movie and TV series. I have to admit that I didn't see more than 2 or 3 episodes from the TV series, but this cover did stir my interest for the novel, which will be published next summer.

5 comments:

Adele said...

I quite lie the contrast between egyptian god and modern military.

SciFiGuy said...

A very striking cover. I admit I will sometimes buy a book based on its cover :)

Anonymous said...

The cover is awesome, I just hope is not a deceiving one. And it's impossible not to think Stargate...

Anonymous said...

I have to agree about the Stargate similarity, but there are so many possibilities when you have that sort of mythology. As a fan of Stargate I'm hoping this book will far exceed it - based on the cover it's well on the way :)

Mihai A. said...

The contrast is interesting, but I still have to wait for the book. The association I think is inevitable, but I am not in the measure to judge, because I only saw the movie and not the TV series. And I will admit that I often buy books based on their covers. Sometimes I'm dissapointed sometimes not :)