Wednesday, October 1, 2008

In the news

I will confess that I have a weak spot for post-apocalyptic stories. I find this subject a little disturbing, but fascinating nonetheless and I really like reading how the authors imagine the future of our world. I found out recently (a little late, but better now than never) that Morrigan Books will treat my passion with a new release on the post-apocalyptic subject. I read on Morrigan Books’ official site about a new anthology, “Grants Pass”, edited by Jennifer Brozek and Amanda Pillar and which will be released in July 2009 and will feature stories written by Ed Greenwood, Jay Lake and Cherie Priest among others.

The world has ended.
It was an act of bio-terrorism gone horribly wrong. A drug resistant version of the Black Death, an airborne mutation of the Ebola virus and the “Super Flu” were let loose on the world. Barely anyone survived.
A year before the collapse, Grants Pass, Oregon, USA, was labelled as a place of meeting and sanctuary in a whimsical online, “what if” post. Now, it has become one of the last known refuges, and the hope, of mankind.
Would you go to Grants Pass based on the words of someone you’ve never met?

I already marked that month on my calendar, because I am definitely interested in this new post-apocalyptic anthology.

3 comments:

Ben said...

Man, I love post-apocalyptic fiction but am so far behind in my reading! I still haven't read the "Wastelands" anthology but can highly recommend "Beyond Armageddon," an older anthology. I guess I'm going to have to add this one to my list. Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

looks terrific! that's going to the top of my ”to buy” list.

Mihai A. said...

It seems like a very interesting titles and the mention of those modern deseases, Black Death, Ebola, Super Flu, makes the title more realistic. And as you both did I put it in bold in my shopping list :)