Friday, January 27, 2012

Book trailer - "The Prisoner of Heaven" by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

As much as I am struggling to be objective for this post I am afraid that my subjectivism on the matter runs really deep. I have to warn you that I love Barcelona, and not only for one of its football teams, but because it charmed me even from my first visit there and I love Carlos Ruiz Zafón’s novels a lot. That is why I was mesmerized by this book trailer before I started watching it. All right, it is a bit untrue since I am not that subjective. However, I do love how the archive photos are put together in recreating something of the Barcelona of the 50s, the time in which “The Prisoner of Heaven” takes place, and inflicting it to the readers. The black and white photos have a magical touch, because not always everything is about color. I said a while back that I would love my Spanish to be as good as I dream to be, because I would love to read the new Carlos Ruiz Zafón’s novel in its original language. For the time being I am not confident enough that I will manage such a task, but I would still love to have a copy of “El Prisionero del Cielo” (The Prisoner of Heaven) in Spanish. Unfortunately, this desire has to wait just a bit longer as well, since I do have to put some money aside first. But enough with the laments. The book trailer looks wonderful, yet another reason for “The Prisoner of Heaven” to be high on my wish list for 2012. And I say 2012, because Carlos Ruiz Zafón’s “The Prisoner of Heaven” will be released in the UK, by Orion Books, on 21st of June.

No comments: