Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Looking forward to 2012

2011 was a very good year. It is true that my schedule changed completely, but this fact doesn’t take away anything from a year that proved to be rewarding in many ways. Therefore, no complaints whatsoever about 2011. But since always there is room for improvement why not hope for a better 2012. Although I can’t imagine it would turn out to be a better year since we can’t look further than 21st of December ;) In the last years I set a few reading goals that in the end turned into thin air. I was thinking of some reading goals for 2012, but with the scheduled end of the world and my last failures of reaching these goals I will not set anything in the prospect. Except one thing. Last year I truly rediscovered the pleasure of short fiction. And since those were some of the most rewarding reading moments of 2011 I will set a goal for 2012 in the end: to read 366 short stories. I managed to keep the rhythm of one short story per day so far, so I am on track with my goal. I will also keep a list of the short stories I read and I will post it at the end of the year with a top of those I liked the most.

At the end of last year I didn’t manage to post very often, but this year I will try to return to the usual schedule. I have some ideas for the blog and I hope that they will turn into something real. I know that I am indebted with plenty of reviews from last year. After thinking about this situation I have to admit that I will not be able to write full length reviews for these books, some of them wonderful readings. But I will try to catch up with them in form of a few mini-reviews and present some of the impressions these books made on me.

Besides these, let’s hope that 2012 will be a wonderful year for all. And I hope that 2012 will bring you only joyful moments.

2 comments:

Bibliotropic said...

Looking forward to a great 2012 also! Enjoy your reading, and I'm excited to see the reviews you'll post!

Mihai A. said...

Thank you very much! I do hope to keep them posted :)
Enjoy your reading too and have a great 2012 :D