Thursday, May 29, 2008

In the mailbox & on the blogosphere

I received new books this week, so here they are:

- "Bitterwood" by James Maxey (courtesy of Solaris Books)
- "Dragonforge" by James Maxey (courtesy of Solaris Books)
- "The Mirrored Heavens" by David J Williams (courtesy of David J Williams and Bantam Spectra)
- "The Wolf Sea" by Robert Low (courtsey of Harper Collins UK)
- "School's Out" by Scott Andrews (courtsey of Abaddon Books)
- "Dawn Over Doomsday" by Jaspre Bark (courtesy of Abaddon Books)

Thank you very much and I can't wait to start reading them.

On the blogosphere things are very interesting as always:

- Robert at Fantasy Book Critic has a very nice review of Christopher Golden and Tim Lebbon's "Mind the Gap" and three very attractive giveaways Dean Koontz's "In Odd We Trust", James Rollins' "The Judas Strain" & "The Last Oracle" and Jay Lake's "Mainspring" & "Escapament";


- Tia at Fantasy Debut has an interview with Jennifer Rardin, the author of the "Jaz Parks" series;

- Graeme at Graeme's Fantasy Book Review has a review of one of the books I received this week, "Dawn Over Doomsday" by Jaspre Bark and of the classic horror movie "Child's Play";

- John at Grasping for the Wind reviewed the book "Klassic Koalas" and interviewed the author, Lee Barwood;

- Larry at OF Blog of the Fallen has early thoughts about Gregory Frost's "Lord Tophet" and Tobias S. Buckell's "Sly Mongoose", a review of Howard Zinn's graphic novel "A People's History of American Empire" and an author spotlight: D.M. Cornish;

- Jay at The Bodhisattva has an interview with the author of another book I received, David J Williams and a giveaway of "The Mirrored Heavens" signed by the author.

3 comments:

Chris, The Book Swede said...

Thank you for the link :) I'm glad to see you're doing well with your mailbox stuff :D

I expect my ones will arrive soon :) I think you'll like them. Sorry it has taken so long, by the way.

~Chris
The Book Swede

Tia Nevitt said...

Thanks for the link! My review copies have dried up, but I'm kind of hard to keep on a mailing list because I specialize in debuts.

It looks like you're keeping your mail carrier busy!

Mihai A. said...

You're both welcome :)

Chris, I know that my Postal service can be a pain sometimes. I hope they don't mess with this one.

Tia I hope you'll get new books, because when it comes to debuts your coverage is excellent.