Friday, April 15, 2011

Cover art - "La Colère" (King's Wrath) by Fiona McIntosh

I find myself in the impossibility of talking about Marc Simonetti’s artworks anymore. Not because I don’t like the art pieces Marc Simonetti creates, but because the constant high standard of his works leaves me speechless. He is always surprising and with each art piece he seems to achieve something more. We’ve seen before how Marc Simonetti enriched the French editions of various fantasy novels by creating some wonderful cover artworks; I’ve spotlighted a few of them, such as George R.R. Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire”, Patrick Rothfuss’ “The Name of the Wind” or Ken Scholes’ “Lamentation” & “Canticle”, here on my blog too. Now we can see another excellent one. The French editions of Fiona McIntosh’s trilogy, “Valisar”, published by Bragelonne, reached the third novel, “King’s Wrath”, and as we can see, “La Colère” as is the French title, has a stunning cover artwork, signed Marc Simonetti. As I said at the beginning I found myself without words, but I still have a wish: some day to see Marc Simonetti’s works on the cover of English editions too.

2 comments:

Memory said...

French editions always make me wish my French was good enough to handle fiction. That country won the cover art lottery.

Mihai A. said...

I wish that too. But then again, I would not have space for all these editions :)