Monday, December 14, 2009

Cover art - George R.R. Martin

I remain on the French publishing market for two other amazing cover artworks, made for one of the best fantasy series ever, George R.R. Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire”. The series is republished by J’ai Lu, in an integral form and in a new format, with the first two volumes being available from January 2010. The novels benefit from two amazing artworks on their covers made by the French artist Marc Simonetti and I am very happy to say that I had the pleasue to interview Marc Simonetti here on my blog and to discover that he continues to create wonderful works. I also have to say that the work put by the French publishers behind the cover artworks is praiseworthy and I would certainly like to always delight myself in book covers such as these two.

2 comments:

Barbara Martin said...

These are fantastic covers, Mihai. I've not read George R. R. Martin's books, though I have them on my TBR list.

Mihai A. said...

Barbara, they truly are fantastic. And I would highly recommend reading Martin's series :)