Monday, January 12, 2009

Book Blogger Convention

The wonderful Tia Nevitt who runs the inspirational blog Fantasy Debut came up with a very interesting idea, a Book Blogger Convention. This idea captivated me immediately and I can only imagine how such a convention would look like. I am well aware that many book blogs owners know each other and have a constant interaction and I also know that the book blogosphere gives a sense of community, I sensed it since I’ve started my blog. I believe that such a convention will bring a lot of good things, meeting with each other, sharing opinions, difficulties and experiences, meeting with the readers, meeting with the professionals of the publishing, with authors or artists if they attend.

However, as lovely as this idea is and as much support had received it encountered a problem. For the majority of us this is a hobby and each one loves what is doing, but we have a lot to cover besides our hobby, work, family, life in general, so many will not be able to attend do to various reasons. Also our community is covered worldwide and the participation to the convention will depend of this aspect too (and I have the feeling that many of us spend their savings on books ;)) But I will not lose hope and as my readings light up my imagination so is this idea, I dream of a future convention which will gather all the book bloggers.

As I said the idea received wide support and now made roots. Maybe a real convention will not be possible soon, but why not start already in a medium we all know, Internet. So for starters we can attempt to build the convention on a blog started by Tia, Book Blogger Convention, and on a forum started by Mulluane, The Dragon Federation. I’ll try to attend both of them as much as my time allows and I will keep dreaming of the day when I’ll attend the real convention.

8 comments:

ediFanoB said...

I'm not a blogger but a reader.
I follow Book Blogger Convention
and I will be member of The Dragon Federation. Just wait for confirmation.

A big thank you to Tia and Mulluane and to all blogger who will be part of it.

For a reader like me it is a great opportunity.

Mihai A. said...

Michael, thank you too. With readers like you the blogging becomes even more pleasant :)

Tia Nevitt said...

Thank you! I'm a bit swamped right now, but I think I have some good conversations started, one on the idea of an online blogger convention event.

Mihai A. said...

Tia, your idea is great. And maybe someday we will have the chance to meet in flesh :)

Anonymous said...

That´s a great idea! I just received confirmation from The Dragon Federation! So, count me in (at least for a virtual convention for now. :-)

Mihai A. said...

Fabio, this is great :) See you there ;)

Barbara Martin said...

Mihai, I would be able to attend a virtual convention rather than actually going somewhere. This would be great promotion for bloggers who write for publication.

Mihai A. said...

Barbara, that's great. And we wait you on The Dragon Federation as well :)