Monday, November 25, 2013

Cover art - "Lagoon" & "Who Fears Death" (French edition) by Nnedi Okorafor

I am at a loss for words when it comes to Raymond Swanland’s art and his book covers. A long admirer of Raymond Swanland’s works I find myself in difficulty more and more when describing my appreciation for his art. Well, it seems that I find myself at a loss again and this time it’s Joey Hi-Fi and his book covers to be blamed. Already a trademark of excellent book covers Joey Hi-Fi strikes gold again with the art for the cover of Nnedi Okorafor’s upcoming novel, “Lagoon”And this is not all, because he does it once more with the cover for the French edition of “Who Fears Death” (Qui a peur de la mort?) by the same Nnedi Okorafor released by Panini Books in their Eclipse collection this month.

Looking at these beauties I wonder what more can I say besides that I am in awe once again because of Joey Hi-Fi?

Nnedi Okorafor’s “Lagoon” is coming from Hodder & Stoughton on April next year.

Three strangers, each isolated by his or her own problems: Adaora, the marine biologist. Anthony, the rapper famous throughout Africa. Agu, the troubled soldier. Wandering Bar Beach in Lagos, Nigeria’s legendary mega-city, they’re more alone than they’ve ever been before.
But when something like a meteorite plunges into the ocean and a tidal wave overcomes them, these three people will find themselves bound together in ways never imagined. Together with Ayodele, a visitor from beyond the stars, they must race through Lagos and against time itself in order to save the city, the world… and themselves.

‘There was no time to flee. No time to turn. No time to shriek. And there was no pain. It was like being thrown into the stars.’

No comments: