Monday, December 29, 2008

An update

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that Santa brought you the gifts you wished for. On my part Santa brought a new special gift, I had a lot of snow and the atmosphere was wonderful (the photo is taken outside my window :)) and it remind me of my childhood days when the snowy days were the usual deal.

I finished “The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror 18” and Ekaterina Sedia’s novel, “The Secret History of Moscow”, too, but because of some very lazy days I didn’t start writing the reviews. But those lazy days are approaching the end and I will start writing the reviews this week and post them at the beginning of the next week. This week the posting might be scarce because we have some invitations from a few friends to spend some time at mountain cabins, but from the beginning of the next week the schedule will come to normal as well.

And don’t forget that The David Gemmell Award started his voting process since 26th of December and you can cast your vote for your favorite 2008 novel on the award website.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas too! Looking forward to reading your review of The Secret History of Moscow. I enjoyed Sedia's The Alchemy of Stone very much.

Mihai A. said...

It was wonderful, Kristen, thank you. How was yours? :)
I enjoyed "The Secret History of Moscow" and I should get soon to "The Alchemy of Stone" too.

ediFanoB said...

I'm a bit envious while looking at your picture. We get snow in our region very seldom.

To be honest I liked "The Alchemy of Stone" much more than "The Secret History of Moscow".

Look forward to your review.

Barbara Martin said...

Hooray, you got snow! We got rain and warmer weather removing most of the snow we did receive. Looking forward to reading your reviews.

Mihai A. said...

Michael, for three years we didn't get snow at all for Christmas :)

Barbara, I know that feeling. When for Christmas we got rain it quite spoiled the holiday feeling. But now we got a lot of snow :)