Monday, January 18, 2010

Book trailer - "Mr. Shivers" by Robert Jackson Bennett

One of the debut novels due to be published this year and which picked my interest as soon as I read its synopsis is Robert Jackson Bennett’s “Mr. Shivers”, released this month by Orbit Books. But not only because of the novel synopsis I am interested in “Mr. Shivers” but also because of its trailer. It is a very good trailer and I like it quite a lot, especially since it has an eerie atmosphere and because together with the synopsis promises a few interesting things from Robert Jackson Bennett’s “Mr. Shivers”. It only remains for me to read the novel and to discover more about “Mr. Shivers”.

It is the time of the Great Depression. The dustbowl has turned the western skies red and thousands leave their homes seeking a better life. Marcus Connelly seeks not a new life, but a death - a death for the mysterious scarred man who murdered his daughter. And soon he learns that he is not alone. Countless others have lost someone to the scarred man. They band together to track him, but as they get closer, Connelly begins to suspect that the man they are hunting is more than human. As the pursuit becomes increasingly desperate, Connelly must decide just how much he is willing to sacrifice to get his revenge.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

For me the trailer is as dreary and unexciting as the book. I hope you get to read it soon as I would love to know your thoughts :)

Rabid Fox said...

I just queued this to my Wish List Wednesday meme after reading a blurb about it. Sounds like it might have that "Carnivale" vibe that's right up my alley.

Mihai A. said...

Book Chick City, I read your review, but I am still looking forward to see what "Mr. Shivers" is about :)

Rabid Fox, it has that vibe indeed :)