Friday, July 4, 2008

Cover art

Drizzt Do'Urden is one of my favorite characters in literature and I really love following his adventures. I read the novels featuring the legendary drow elf with great pleasure and I can't wait to follow Drizzt's footsteps in the new "Transitions" novels.

As you know by now R.A. Salvatore released the first novel in the "Transitions" series, "The Orc King", on September 2007. The first novel in the series will be followed by "The Pirate King" in October 2008 and "The Ghost King" in October 2009. The blurb for "The Pirate King" is pretty interesting:

Drizzt returns to Luskan, and the Realms will never be the same!

The Arcane Brotherhood has long held the city of Luskan in their power, but when corruption eats away at their ranks, Captain Deudermont comes to the rescue of a city that has become a safe haven for the Sword Coast's most dangerous pirates. But rescuing a city from itself may not be as easy as Deudermont thinks, and when Drizzt can't talk him out of it, he'll be forced to help.

Drizzt is back in action again, and bringing more changes to the Forgotten Realms setting. This all new hardcover adventure will keep Drizzt fans guessing the whole way, with edge-of-your-seat action and plot twists that even the most casual reader of the Forgotten Realms novel line can't afford to miss!

I'm looking forward for this novel, but also I was waiting for the new cover art with interest. Since yesterday evening my wait is sweetened, because I had a look on the cover art of "The Pirate King" made by the very talented Todd Lockwood.

2 comments:

Robert said...

I know it's been a while since I've posted, so I just wanted to say what a great job you've been doing! Nice news update too :)

Mihai A. said...

Thank you very much, Robert :)