Sunday, July 6, 2008

Half of the Year

Half of the year has passed and it seems that it was fast, but the time can be tricky, it doesn't go any faster or any slower than the usual rhythm, it only seems like is doing so. It was a good year so far, with goods and bads, but fortunate enough the good things are in a greater amount and the bad things are far to few.

I've started this blog which gave me a new occupation, but with wonderful time spent here. And I gained much since I've start blogging, I met new people, I had the pleasure and honor to talk to some of the authors I've read and the most important I made new friends.

So, to recap a little:
I read the best novel I've met in years, Carlos Ruiz Zafón's "The Shadow of the Wind".

I had some other pleasant reads in:
"Elantris" by Brandon Sanderson
"Sabriel" by Garth Nix
"Through A Glass, Darkly" by Bill Hussey
"The Inferior" by Peadar Ó Guilín
and a wonderful re-read, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick

I had the honor and pleasure of talking to:
Manda Scott
John Joseph Adams
Bill Hussey
Peadar Ó Guilín

I'm looking forward for the next half of the year (with the hope that the time will seem to pass slower) knowing that in less than a month I will go in the much awaited vacation, with a visit in Portugal, with the hope of meeting Jeff VanderMeer, he will be in Bucharest at the end of August, and with the hope for other interesting and enjoyable reads.

No comments: