Monday, July 19, 2010

Cover art - "Elric: Swords and Roses" by Michael Moorcock

Michael Moorcock’s “Chronicles of the Last Emperor of Melniboné”, the excellent collection of books featuring Elric of Melniboné published by Del Rey, reaches the sixth volume of this series. The sixth volume, “Elric: Swords and Roses”, will be released in December and as Del Rey used the readers so far the book has wonderful cover artwork as well as very beautiful interior illustrations. On Missions Unknown John Picacio, the award winning artist who contributes with the cover and interior illustrations for this volume, shows us the cover artwork for Michael Moorcock’s “Elric: Swords and Roses”. I liked all the covers made for the Michael Moorcock’s collection published by Del Rey, but I have to admit that this one is the best of them for me. The motion captured by John Picacio and the colors he used make this an impressive cover, one that I find to be one of the best covers I’ve seen this year. The artwork can be enjoyed in the fullest on John Picacio’s post at Missions Unknown, where we can take into account every little detail of the cover in a larger version. I am very happy that I didn’t have Michael Moorcock’s Elric books before, because this way I was able to buy the Del Rey’s amazing collection. Now, I only need to complete it with “Elric: Swords and Roses” in December.

No comments: