Saturday, November 8, 2008

Cover art

I continue with another cover art post, maybe to compensate a little the previous one.
One of my favorite reads of this year was “Through a Glass, Darkly” and I believe that Bill Hussey made an impressive debut with his novel. Bloody Books, the publisher of Hussey’s debut novel, will publish next year his second novel, “The Absence”. With the help of the blog where Bill Hussey is one of the major contributors, Horror Reanimated, I found the cover of his future novel. It is an interesting one and I believe that this type of cover on horror novels has a powerful effect. Sometimes a subtle image can have a greater impact than an obvious one. Anyway I’m looking forward to “The Absence” and to see Bill Hussey’s talent at work again.

4 comments:

Ben said...

Looks great! I can't wait for this book! Through A Glass, Darkly was fantastic!

Mihai A. said...

Indeed it was :) If "The Absence" is half as good we are still in for a treat ;)

Liz said...

Isn't it an awesome cover? I am so excited as I loved TAGD. I got the review copy of The Absence last night ... have you read the backblurb? It's giving me the heebeejeebies just reading that!

Mihai A. said...

I hope to get the ARC soon, too. I haven't got the chance to read the blurb, but I read something on Horror Reanimated and I can't wait to read it :)
Happy reading, Liz ;)