Friday, November 28, 2008

In the mailbox

I received a few more books this past week and I'm pretty excited about them. Especially about Sergei Lukyanenko's novels, because the ecranization of his novels made more than curious about them. So here are the last treasures found in my mailbox:

- "The Night Watch" by Sergei Lukyanenko (through the courtesy of Arrow Books);
- "The Day Watch" by Sergei Lukyanenko (through the courtesy of Arrow Books);
- "The Twilight Watch" by Sergei Lukyanenko (through the courtesy of Arrow Books);
- "The Last Watch" by Sergei Lukyanenko (through the courtesy of Arrow Books);
- "Royal Exile" by Fiona McIntosh (through the courtesy of Harper Voyager).

Thank you very much for all these books.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i saw the movies and i like them, the first was better than the second i think..but i heard that the books are quiet something else...i guess you`ll really enjoy these ones ;)

Ben said...

Night Watch was fantastic but I couldn't even finish the sequel...

Mihai A. said...

Kyo, I think that in general the movies are quite different than books. But it depends on our own point of view too :)

Plinydogg, I definitely have to see about this series :)

Adele said...

i read and enjoyed the nightwatch but haven't sought the others out yet. I have a feeling i'll get back to them in time.

Mihai A. said...

It is from sometime I wish to read this series. I wait for your reviews too, Hagelrat :)

Anonymous said...

If you saw the movies, the first thing you must do before start reading is forget them. The series starts almost like the film but soon you realize the relations betweeen some characters are different. So, some tensions are missing but others are built instead. I've started "Night watch" waiting some revelations to appear, like in the movie, but those were nowhere to be found, which was confusing, at the beginning. But it was a nice ride anyway.I'm curious how you'll find the books.

Mihai A. said...

Thanks for the hints Dreaming Jewel :) I saw the movies and they made me look after the novels, but I usually don't think of the relationship between movie and novel until after I experienced both :)