Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cover art

I know that lately I posted a lot about cover art, but I can’t help myself. I really like fantasy art and I’m always interested in the covers of novels. So here it is another cover which I like.
This year Bloody Books published two horror novels written by Bill Hussey and Joseph D’Lacey. Next year Bloody Books will host again the novels of these two authors (both very nice guys, trust me :) ). So, in 2009 we can read both authors second novels, Bill Hussey’s “The Absence” and Joseph D’Lacey’s “Garbage Man”. I already saw and posted about the cover of “The Absence”, but today I found the cover art for “Garbage Man” too, through the blog Horror Reanimated. It looks very nice and intriguing. I know that Joseph D’Lacey’s first novel didn’t sit well with me, but I will certainly give “Garbage Man” a chance. One thing though, I think that Stephen King’s statement shouldn’t appear again on the cover of Joseph D’Lacey’s novel. I don’t have a problem with it, Joseph is a nice guy and deserves the best, but it already appeared on the cover of “Meat” and twice in a row might not be a good idea. I wish both the very best of luck and I am waiting to read their novels.

2 comments:

Tia Nevitt said...

I'm not into horror, but I still like that cover. And for the record, I enjoy your postings on fantasy art!

Mihai A. said...

Thank you very much, Tia :) I am glad you like it ;)