Monday, November 17, 2008

Cover art

Lately it seems that the attention given to cover art is increasing. I believe that we can blame the marketing, but I believe more properly is to praise them. I say this because it seems that the quality of cover art is reaching high levels (or maybe I have eyes for the good ones only ;) ). Anyway, with the help of Joe Abercrombie and his post on his website I found out about the cover art for his upcoming novel “Best Served Cold”. This cover is the work of six people (for more details please read Joe Abercrombie's post) and the novel will be published by Gollancz in April 2009. I have to put money aside, because I will not settle for less than the hardcover edition (which will appear in June 2009).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have noticed that the sci-fi/fantasy genre (and speculative fiction in general)has especially fine cover art. There is real competition out there to put out the best, and certainly no lack of talent.

Adele said...

his books are always beautiful.

Mihai A. said...

Amy, I like their competition, it brings more very good covers. And you are right, there is no lack of talent :)

Hagelrat, indeed the "First Law" covers look great. Maybe Joe Abercrombie will keep all his covers at this level :)

Barbara Martin said...

The cover inspires me to pick up the book and read the first couple of pages after the jacket flap, which has already intrigued me. Thanks for posting this.

Mihai A. said...

Barbara, I am glad you like it :) I can't wait to read it ;)