Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cover art - "The Alchemy of Stone" by Ekaterina Sedia

To my shame and without a proper excuse I can’t find an explanation for not reading Ekaterina Sedia’s novel, “The Alchemy of Stone”. I mean I loved her novel “The Secret History of Moscow” and the synopsis of “The Alchemy of Stone” has really picked my interest, but I didn’t read the novel yet. Well, with the promise that my next future read will be Ekaterina Sedia’s “The Alchemy of Stone” I’ll post the cover art for the future re-print of the novel, one that will be published by Prime Books in November this year. I discovered this cover last week, first on Bibliophile Stalker and second on OF Blog of the Fallen and I really liked it. I am not certain who the artist is, but in one of the captivating SF Signal’s Book Cover Smackdown is featured the cover for “The Alchemy of Stone” and there the named artist is Andrä Martyna. I’ll be honest with you, I like more the cover of the previous edition made by David Defigueredo, but this new cover is not far behind and I enjoyed it quite a lot too.

5 comments:

Liviu said...

Great cover, no question about it; I loved the book a lot, though it was not quite what I expected

Ana said...

I have this book with the old cover, I really do need to read it.

I am torn about the covers, I like both.

Mihai A. said...

Liviu, the cover is great indeed and as for the book I'll read it very soon :)

Ana, I am torn between the covers too. I would like an edition with a cover like the magazines have sometimes, one picture outside and one inside the cover :)

kyodnb said...

Yep this second cover looks better...the novel was a interesting one, but like Liviu said, not what i was expecting, or wanted, to be :)

Mihai A. said...

Bogdan, I like the first one a bit more, but this one is very good too. I am having high hopes after "The Secret History of Moscow" :)