Monday, December 21, 2009

Cover art - "John Shannow" by David Gemmell

I am convinced that the French readers are truly privileged. I’ve seen this year the excellent work made on the cover artworks of the titles that are published on the French market so I thought to end the year in the same tone. Next year Bragelonne will cuddle its readers with new amazing cover illustrations and it will start from January when the David Gemmell’s John Shannow novels, “Wolf in Shadow” (or “The Jerusalem Man”), “The Last Guardian” and “Bloodstone”, will be published, with the first two of them on their second French edition. I find the book covers of these Bragelonne editions are really amazing, powerful, with excellent color tones and suggestive illustrations. These excellent works are made by the French artist Didier Graffet and they left me in awe. I think that if it would be possible for me to have all the book editions I love for their cover artwork I would need a castle where to host my library. I should truly start to play more often at the lottery ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are a veritable treat, thanks for posting this Mihai!

Dan. L.

Susan Parker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Parker said...

These are really great covers - thanks for posting - I love your blog!

Mihai A. said...

I am glad you like them. Thank you both very much :)

ediFanoB said...

I agree that French readers are privileged.
Anyway thank you for posting all the awesome covers.

Mihai A. said...

Michael, they are spoiled ;)