Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cover art - Pamela Freeman

I will be completely honest and admit that I am not familiar with the Pamela Freeman’s works. More so, despite the fact that I’ve read some interesting reviews of her Castings Trilogy novels, “Blood Ties” and “Deep Water”, and I’ve noticed the release of the third one, “Full Circle”, this month I didn’t feel the need to dig further on or to read the synopsis of the novels. And believe me not all my reasons are very clear. But, being a passionate of fantasy art and looking over a few book covers this week I’ve noticed the cover artwork for the French edition of Pamela Freeman’s novels and they certainly picked my curiosity. I am very much aware that being attracted by the cover artwork is not the most solid argument for picking a book, but it offers a strong start and plays quite a role in that. It worked very well for me in this case. The cover artworks for the Pygmalion editions of the Pamela Freeman’s novels are made by Miguel Coimbra (above: Le Dit du Sang – Blood Ties) and by Alain Brion (below: Le Dit de l’eau – Deep Water). Both of the covers look impressive and are a great example how can an excellent cover artwork work in favor of the novel. It certainly worked for me, it only leaves me to see what the story is about.

4 comments:

Adele said...

Lovely covers, intriguing.

Mihai A. said...

Adele, they truly caught my attention :)

Pamela Freeman said...

One of the most exciting things about being an author is seeing all the different ways that artists interpret your work on the cover. So far, we have four different covers for Blood Ties, and they are all startlingly different! The French ones are definitely stylish. You can check them all out at http://castingstrilogy.com/bloodties-editions.html

I hope you enjoy the book!

Mihai A. said...

Pamela, thank you very much for visiting my blog :)
I've seen the covers for Blood Ties, but I have to say that the French one works the best for me. The same thing with Deep Water, although here I saw only two of them. I will certainly read your trilogy :)