Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cover art - "Witchfinder: Dawn of the Demontide" by William Hussey

One of the authors I discovered through my blog and who impressed me since his debut is Bill Hussey. I enjoyed in the fullest his two published novels, “Through a Glass, Darkly” and “The Absence”, and I am looking forward to see how his writing career develops. For the moment it looks that I don’t have to wait too long for his next project, the first book in a dark fiction trilogy for children, “Witchfinder: Dawn of the Demontide”. I am very curious to see what Bill Hussey pulls out from his sleeve, especially since this project is a bit different from his first two. Until then I will delight with the wonderful and evocative cover artwork made by David Wyatt. And also until March 2010 when Oxford University Press will release the novel here is a blurb from the publisher’s website:

Evil waits behind the door . . .
Jake Harker is an outsider, a loser whose nose is always in a horror comic. That is until horror stops being fiction and the Pale Man and his demon Mr Pinch stop Jake on a dark, deserted road. That night, under a tree called the demon's dance, Jake will learn the true meaning of terror . . .

4 comments:

Ben said...

Fantastic! I can't wait to read Mr. Hussey's new book either!

Mihai A. said...

Me too, Ben :)

Unknown said...

This sounds great and the cover is awesome :)

Mihai A. said...

It really is :)