Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New header

I am not a big fan of blog aspect changes, maybe because of my conservative side or maybe I like to concentrate on the content and try to do my best there. However, one thing that I desired for my blog in aspect terms was a header. Well, my dream came true due to the lovely and talented artist Kirsi Salonen, with whom I had the pleasure to make an interview for my blog and who allowed me to use one of her wonderful paintings. I absolutely love world-building in my fantasy readings and I am happy to see a fantastic city on the header of my blog. The city illustrated in this painting is called Cetanrui Banka (also the name of the painting) and is part of one of the latest Kirsi’s projects, her own fantasy novel illustrated with her art works. I also had the pleasure to have Kirsi as a guest with a post about her fantastic world, Ordera, here on my blog. But since then Kirsi Salonen has worked on a website dedicated to her fiction work and fantastic world, The World of Ordera, and you can find more details there. I am truly looking forward to read her fantasy work, although I have to wait a bit until then. Luckily I will have her art works to keep me company.

Thank you very much, Kirsi!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mihai

That's a gorgeous heading, good to see the change :)

Mihir

Cindy said...

Ohhh I love it! It really looks nice.

ediFanoB said...

Mihai,
very good choice. I love it!

Ben said...

Fantastic, and perfect for you!

Kendall said...

Beautiful. :-)

Memory said...

That's one gorgeous painting! I think you made a good choice there. :)

Mihai A. said...

Thank you all very much! I am glad you like it :)

Unknown said...

Loving the new header! What a fantastic piece of art! :)

Rabid Fox said...

It's a fantastic header. Kudos to Kirsi on a superb job.

Simcha said...

That's a beautiful picture. Congratulations on the new heading. Change can be fun sometimes.

Mihai A. said...

I think it is a beatiful picture too. Kirsi is a very talented artist :)