Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cover art - "Sword of Justice" by Chris Wraight

Next summer Black Library will launch a new series, Warhammer Heroes, which will feature a range of novels dealing with the Old World’s most iconic warriors. On the blogs of Black Library and of Chris Wraight I find the image that will be the base for the cover art of the first novel in this new range of novels, “Sword of Justice”. Now, I can’t say that I am a big fan of characters on covers, but when those covers are good I enjoy them. And this is one of these cases since this is a wonderful artwork, designed by Darius Hinks who also designed the covers for Mark Charan Newton’s “The Reef” and Adam Roberts“Splinter” among others.

3 comments:

Barbara Martin said...

Mihai, I would read this book based on its cover.

Phillip H. Tang said...

Looks like the cover of a video game lol.

Mihai A. said...

Barbara, me too :)

Phillip, maybe because Warhammer is based on a game imprint :)